Friday, January 4, 2008

What??? A new post???














We had some beautiful snow again and it was as cold as, well, as it looks in the pictures! I really, really don't like the cold anymore. Used to not bother me, but after 9 years in the south, my mind has changed!
The kids had a great time in the snow, but as you can see in the first picture, the girls couldn't figure out why Ben wanted to spend so much time on the cold, cold ground! Crazy boy. I'm sure every northern mother could agree, as soon as you get them bundled-up, they're ready to come back in! Ben can get bundled-up himself, so he's free to go out whenever!
Luke is doing so much better. He's weighing-in at 9lbs. 2oz. at 7 weeks, which is what Erin weighed at 1 week, but who's keeping track?;) Poor guy is finally getting some nourishment, gaining 2lbs. in 2 weeks, but aren't formula fed babies supposed to sleep longer at night??? He gets breast milk during the day in his bottles, but at night I give him formula in the hopes of more sleep. So far his longest stretch is 11-4, but that was only once. Sleep, baby, sleep. Do it for mommy! He is a precious, good baby, who makes me forget the lack of sleep during the daytime.

We're back in the swing of school, and Erin has decided that she needs to do math. Every paper I give her to trace, count or color is math, apparently. Probably because she hears, "You better finish your math NOW!", about 15 times a day. Ben and math. That could be a whole entry to itself! The picture of Erin is when she had a short-lived stomach flu(thankfully!).

For all of my friends who thought it would never happen, the picture of me is to show off my highlights. I like them very much. Plus it's more time at the salon, by myself, where it's quiet!










3 comments:

Autryville said...

Obviously, my formatting needs some work...Dawn?? Amber?? Anyone?? Why can't I make the paragraphs only a line apart? When I first type the entry, the paragraphs are miles apart, so I try to put them closer together, which gives me this result.

Thanks!

Crew Mom said...

Oh MY! I DO see Mitch in Luke...before I didn;t see it, but this pict screams Mitch! LOOOOOOVE the highlights! I'm so PROUD of you!!! I'm not showing my guys the snow pictures right now b/c I don't want to hear it! What is ben's art? I couldn't enlarge that one to tell...hmmm creativity! Thanks for the blog amid all the sleepiness...I can rest now after seeing that cute baby!

Dawn said...

Love the pictures and the highlights! If you send me your blogger username and password I'll see if I can fix your post. Sometimes blogger gives people some strange layout settings as defaults, which could need editing...?