Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Busy, busy, busy--and a surprise!!

Things just don't happen one at a time around here in Autryville. We like to do 10,000 things at once, don't you??



Since we've last updated Ben had a mini version of the flu--which freaked me out a little since we have a teeny one here, but thankfully everyone is well. Ben had the flu shot in October, so his flu was short lasting, but poor baby was weak, achy and had a fever for three days. I guess it could have been some type of virus, but when we have newborns in our house (Erin in '03), we have the flu. I'm positive. Really.



While Ben was vegging in the basement, Mitch decided to take on the most difficult painting job ever. Ever. I'm thankful he did, though, or Ben would be waiting for the summer for me to get my act together. Did I mention that Ben's room was unusable for over a week, and in the midst of the project I got a call from Nana Nancy (Mitch's mom) that she was coming to visit, and please, could I not tell Mitch so we could surprise him?? More on that later...Ben's room, however, is a perfect homage to the Atlanta Thrashers. Blueland, baby! The Thrashers are the NHL team from Atlanta and my boys have loved them since their inception a few years back(Luke loves them now, too!). And thanks to Santa Daddy he now has a #18 Autry sweater--in hockey it's not a jersey, silly, it's a sweater--to adorn the wall when it's not being worn. It really is a fabulous room for Ben. He loves it.

So while I frantically (sorry, Nana Nancy!) prepared for our surprise visitors and had a mini freak-out which caused Mitch to mop the kitchen floor and finish painting...the surprise worked! One evening as I was preparing supper--and hiding the extra food I'd prepared--a knock at our door brought Nana and cousin Amanda (the girls call her "our beautiful big cousin"--the big is for her age...and she is beautiful!). It was a great moment and worth all the fuss! We spent the next 4 days visiting, eating, making gingerbread houses, shopping, playing, ice skating, and just having a wonderful time. It really was one of the highlights of our year!

Luke update.......he's growing like a weed this week. Finally. I finally started giving him bottles to ease my mind. I can see how much he's getting, and we're all much happier and feeling less stressed. I miss nursing him so very much, but he's getting plenty of breast milk in his bottles (thank goodness for the double electric pump!) and that is good for him and me! It's been such an emotional 6 weeks since his birth, and I'm very thankful that he's growing well now, sleeps like a dream and has a great temperament. I have been blessed...

Christmas to come...plus pictures of all of this!

5 comments:

Brandy Autry said...

Hi Guys..Merry Christmas! Luke is adorable(as we knew he would be!) The picture of all four of them is absolutely precious! Sweet, sweet, sweet! I'm glad to know the surprise with Nana worked out. She was so excited about coming up.
Well, it sounds as though you guys have had a wonderful Christmas. Hadyn had a big Christmas herself. She loves the horse and cowgirl you sent back with Nana (she loves that it actually neighs :)) Thank you for sending that; it was very thoughtful.
We hope to see you all when you come back down to Georgia. Happy New Year!!

Autryville said...

Hey, Brandy!! It's great to hear from you. Glad we can keep in touch now. We miss Hadyn and hope to see you all in a month or so!

Love,
Jolie

Brandy Autry said...

Hadyn says, "I loves the pictures! They are so cute. And thank you for the neighing horse." ... And that's all she has to say. :) She is actually excited for you guys to come down so she can play with Erin again. But watch out Ben, she's actually learning to play ball. She finally has a real bat and glove.
She played on her first soccer league this year. She says it was really fun, even though her team didn't win any games. (We hear Erin is quite the soccer player!)
We are very proud of Hadyn in her schoolwork. She is excited about taking her Horizons test after the Winter Break. (This is a gifted program in her school) She loves the name of your blog site, Autryville. " I absolutely, positively love it!" Anyway, we were having fun checking out your site. Talk to you later. Love you guys,
Hadyn,Brandy,&Rich

Melissa Mae said...

Jolie!! Okay, Luke is really, really precious!! (In a very manly, handsome way, of course) I love seeing your babies and your house and YOU!

Crew Mom said...

Alright girl, lets race to see who can post first........GO!