Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What's Goin' On



So much since I've posted last! I wish I had a better memory, but not sleeping all night is keeping me from remembering and doing and writing all that I'd like to do. Not that getting up with Luke is all that bad--he's still the most precious baby, and a smile from a sweet baby at 4 or 4:30 in the morning makes everything ok! Besides, he always falls back asleep until 9am, so who am I to complain?? He's drinking anywhere from 5-6 oz. every 3-4 hours now, and he's in size 2 diapers. Growing like a weed. He's had a couple of baths lately that were fun!! No tears!! My baby is growing up.


Ben and Lauren are still doing well in school. Ben and I have finally gotten to the Revolutionary War and other parts of early American history and it's going to be fun. We've started reading Johnny Tremain together and it's great--I've noticed Ben enjoying it, but don't tell him that.:) We have a lot of books on our plate and we're just going to take our time through this amazing part of our history.


Spring sports sign-ups are complete and though it will be busy, I think it will be a memorable one. Ben's ready to go for baseball, and the girls--yes, both of them--are signed up for soccer. Lauren played in the fall, but this will be the first for Erin. Mitch says she's the most athletic, which she gets from her mama, of course! When I told Erin that she'd get to play we were talking about how she'd have her own uniform, her own soccer cleats, her own shin guards, etc, and she piped up with, "and my own soccer snack!!" Those of you who know Erin know that comment suits her to a "T". My girl has her priorities in order, doesn't she?


Here's to a week between entries instead of four!

3 comments:

Crew Mom said...

Oh I sooo needed an Autry update, I love seeing the pictures so much, it makes me feel close! Lauren's letter made me cry-again! And Erin looks so grown up!! Ben and Luke are the handsomest, I'll be sure to show Syd...I still see more Autry than Sargent in Luke...do I see Lauren's mouth, though? He is just precious, I can see why that smile at 4:30am makes it all better! And btw- I bet Ben already knows more history than I do!

love y'all!!!!!!

mollie said...

hH is thinking of his Aunt Mo when he smiles.....

cvnbmrtr said...

Is it just the way the camera flashed, or does Luke have a tinge of red in his hair? Just one of those things I tend to notice!!! I loved all of the pictures and hearing about the precious note that Lauren wrote. Can't wait til March! We miss you guys so much!

Love you!