Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lauren's Letter in the Snow


A few weeks ago, we had a couple of inches of snow. One day I noticed a piece of paper on the back steps and of course my first thought was irritation-who threw a piece of garbage out there? However, I wasn't going to open the back door to get it. Brrrrr!! A few days later, the snow had melted and it was warm enough for the kids to go out back and play. They called me outside to show me some great discovery, and as I walked back to the house, I saw a piece of paper blowing away from the house. I had to run and catch it in the wind, but I'm glad I did. The paper was an envelope, with the word GOD written on the back(no, not the front). Inside the envelope was a simple message--My God I Love You. I recognized the kindergarten handwriting right away, it was Lauren's. Words won't adequately describe the way I felt that moment. How precious! I called Lauren to me and asked her about it. She told me that she wrote it on the snowy day and thought if she put it outside that God would see it! Again, just precious. I told her so, and we left it at that. She was very shy about it, so I didn't want to ruin her humble spirit. It was a very thankful moment for me. Sweet Lauren!

1 comment:

Christiana said...

Jolie,
That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! What a beautiful thing for Lauren to do! :)