Friday, February 1, 2008

Sweet Sleep

According to my clock, it's 6:53 AM, who knows what blogger's clock says. The good news about 6:53 AM is that Luke is still asleep! That makes 2 days in a row that he's slept later than my alarm clock...ahhhhh, sweet sleep! I think the last two nights are my first full night's sleeps since the summer(I didn't sleep well during my pregnancy, which is unusual). Yesterday, when my alarm went off, I'm sure it was record time that I got to his room to check on him. It really is a little frightening at first...until you see that sweet profile with a little fist by the mouth, and hear the nice, even breathing. That uncertainty quickly changes to, "hallelujah, they slept all night!" It's taken Luke longer to sleep all night as a bottle baby than it took my other three breastfed babies, but he's forgiven.:)

One milestone down, many more to go--though I know we're not in a hurry this time!

Today is the first day of a new session of ballet for the girls and Ben's Birthday Week continues with a sleepover (do boys call it that?). Ridiculous. He's never had a birthday in his entire life. It always ends up being more like a week or two.

Luke picture coming soon, along with ballet and birthweek.:)

**edited 2/2/08: Luke had a rough night last night and had some difficulty breathing, enough so that this mom who's normally the "oh, you're fine" type took him to the ER this morning. Diagnosis is bronchiolitis, which is basically a cold, but he's miserable. He really can't breathe comfortably, and he's pitiful. Nana Judy is staying with us tonight so I can rest some (thanks, Nana!).

5 comments:

Mimigrace08 said...

It does seem weird to call it a sleepover. Without thinking about it, I asked mom if the boys were going to Ben's "spend the night party." :-)

mollie said...

I know EXACTLY that feeling...you spring out of a dead sleep thinking that your baby is now a statistic (from sleeping on his belly)sprint to his room, and poke under his armpits to see if he wiggles. Am I right?? haha been there done that!

Amber said...

Way to go on Luke sleeping all night. Gosh, I remember those first "sleep throughs" when I would wake up in a tizzy and check to see if they were still breathing. HA! Is there a mother who doesn't so that the first few times they sleep through the night?

Dawn said...

Jolie: If Luke was asleep, what were you doing awake?!!! :-)

I'm so sorry about your ER trip; glad everything is okay and you've got some help.

Crew Mom said...

Oh dear...that is so pitiful...I hurt all over for you both...precious little guy, we will pray really hard for him, and you...Nana Judy is always the rescue-er...aren't Moms the best? Love you all and hopes for a remarkable improvement every day!