Wednesday, November 28, 2007

And his weight is...

...the same as it was last week. Hmmm... Hopefully he's growing in length, because I'm puzzled by his lack of weight gain. He has wonderfully wet and dirty diapers (all of you breastfeeding mama's know what I mean!), so I'm not sure why he didn't gain. I'm thinking he's going to be more like Lauren, and she was a SKINNY baby! The doctor wasn't concerned, and it's nice to have a doctor that trusts me, the mommy, to know what's best (the number one reason I prefer family physicians over pediatricians, but that's another post for another day!). I think I'll take him in on Friday and weigh him again, anyway.

The older kiddos spent the last two days with Nana and Pa-pa (or is it Paw-paw? that looks awfully southern! he he), but now they're back home and I think we're ready to get back to normal-ish tomorrow. We're doing a little bit of school, and I don't foresee us doing much before Christmas, but we'll try! I'm not wanting to be doing school come June!

We recently heard about a bank robbery on the news, and the kids all know that Mitch works for that bank. I mentioned something to them about a new position he's taking (still in the same bank, but I didn't say that to the kids) and Erin got the most serious look on her face and said, "Did that bank robber take all the bank's money???" It was so cute. She thought her daddy had been left high and dry by a bank robber (whom by the way was apprehended in the bathroom of the building that the branch he robbed was located in. Pretty smart guy, huh?).

When you're home all day for weeks on end, there's just not much to say. I'm so excited about this blog and the comments, too!! Maybe Mitch will post, too?

5 comments:

Mimigrace08 said...

What a cute pic! I want to come see you some day soon, but we have some sickies in the house, so i'll wait until everybody is better. I would hate to get baby Luke sick.

~EG

Crew Mom said...

Sydney and Tatum and Hunter LOVE the picture! They wanted to know if you curled Erin's hair! hee hee -- all the straighties I have! I know Luke will start piling it on...you're always so on top of those things...he looks perfect to me! Will that be your Christmas picture, it was so precious! We need to get on the ball with cards! Talk to ya tonight!

Dawn said...

Be glad you're a confident mom. I think a lot don't trust themselves and get talked into crazy stuff.

Love you!

Melissa Mae said...

hiya girlie! glad to see your sweet blog! love the picture. . .can't wait to see more!

Christiana said...

Hey Jolie!

I just found your blog through Amber's--what a nice surprise! :) Can't wait to see Luke in person. Tomorrow?

Love,
Christy